Re: Re: converting; cliffs; magic

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:14:02 -0700

> Okay, this works, but even drama has some reference to reality. This is
> how we're able to suspend disbelief. I still want to have some idea of
> where a rating of 15 fits in the scheme of things. I've run a few
> sessions of a game with the materials available on the web, and I intend
> to run a real demo game once I have my copy of the rules. While I
> understand now how the benchmarking of scenarios work, I still don't have
> a feel for how the numbers relate to reality. I'm sorry I keep using that
> word, but it IS our (the players' and narrators') point of reference.
> Just how would a stickpicker rate, and how does that compare to the
> default starting ratings of a player character?

no-mastery is a young kid shading towards experienced at the high end 1-mastery is a normal experienced person shading towards "really good" at the high end

2-mastery is clan or tribal champion
3-mastery is a Hero (Argrath, Gunda, Sir Ethilrist, Ironhoof, etc)
4-mastery is Superhero/Demigod (Harrek, Androgeous, Jar-eel). This is the
lowest "godly" level. You can start to be worshipped and provide benefits to your followers.

If I remember correctly, Orlanth is in the 10-mastery level.

RR