Re: Ranged Combat - excellent example

From: steve_at_...
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:26:40 +1300

5/10/2004 11:34:17 a.m., Jeff Kyer <jakyer_at_...> wrote:
> Brand Robbins has an excellent example of how Ranged Combat
> can be resolved. It is located on the Issaries website at
> http://www.glorantha.com/support/na_ranged.html - Hopefully,
> his Narrator Advice will become a regular column on the site.

I note that the example appears to transfer AP even when the winners don't get criticals. Was this prepared for Herowars rather than Heroquest?

Incidentally, in the example of the tarshites and the hoplars, why wouldn't the skirmishers bid really high (with almost a mastery advantage) to try to finish the fight? I know my players would try to bid high, and I've had to start saying that the archer can't bid high unless he's doing something that is potentially risky (holding fire until the charging wolf is at point blank range) rather than something with little risk (shooting at fleeing peasants while hiding in a defensive position.)

I'm still unsatisfied with my compromise, but the example on the Issaries site doesn't resolve the situation for me either.

Stephen

--
Zo�: Preacher -- don't the Bible have some pretty specific
things to say about killing?