Re: Pol Joni

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:18:02 -0000

I'm not taking the reference to "outlaws" in CHoDP to be entirely or universally true. So I do not disagree with what you are saying but I think I will leave leeway for alternative outcomes.

> 2. Paps-Eiritha and Herd-Eiritha are very different
> things. Most women belong to Herd-Eiritha.
> Generally, only the women residing at the Paps itself
> belong to Paps-Eiritha.

I was not really thinking of much individual worship of Paps-Eiritha taking place. More that it had been made part of the communal worship of the tribe.

> 3. Worshipping Paps-Eiritha with sacrifice does not
> maintain the proper relationship with a spirit. It
> would be like trying to put a daimon in a fetish. I
> think it just does not work. Instead, Paps-Eiritha,
> worshipped theistically, grants feats.

As I am thinking more along the lines of communal worship it does not even do this. What it might do is grant divine aid which manifests in the form of a helpful Praxian spirit.

> Rrrrrory, with whom others agreed:
>
> > Going over to the PJs and riding horses *could be*
> > a reason for the Praxian Tradition spirits to
> > consider you as "enemy". (Not necessarily *is*,
> > just *could be* - make your own decision on
> > it...).
>
> I'd assume a mix. The Pure Horse Tribe stuck around
> for quite a while, although they stayed in Prax and
> never went out nto the wastes. Presumably they found
> some spirits that were not entirely hostile. An
> interesting strand of Nic's Pol Joni story could be
> finding those less-hostile spirits and the few stray
> daimons.

Plus of course the possibility that one or two of the clans politically associated with the Pol Joni may be culturally very different such as the descendents of Grazers. These clans may never have entirely lost their spiritist roots and so would have useful skills for dealing with spirits on behalf of themselves and other Pol Joni clans.

--
Nic