Re: Re: Question re Seshnegi Knights

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:51:14 +1300

At 09:01 AM 10/30/04 +0000, you wrote:

> > He cannot be a Lay Member of a Saintly Order, only a Church.
> > If he belongs to the Saintly Order, then he is an Orderly.

>Would it be fair to say then that said Petty Noble would not likely
>be an Orderley - thinking of the Seshnegi write up in HQV.

If the family takes Talor and Gerlant as Patron Saints, then they should have no trouble with being Orderlies of Gerlant. I don't see what the problem is.

>I can buy
>into the average Heortling being an Initiate or even Devotee - but
>not so much Western folk. Is that right?

But the character isn't an average Westerner. He's a hero and you'll expect him to be different.

>Common Magic seems to be a bit socially unacceptable for a Rokari -
>more so a noble, or am I reading it wrong?

It isn't socially unacceptable, it's unacceptable to the Church. Your hero is quite free to practice whatever common magic he desires so long as he doesn't do it in front of a churchman.

>Does he get all the
>formulary spells as oneshot deals, hence the need for a Liturgist
>follower to do 'recharge' for him?

He has to purchase the formulary spells individually apart from the time when he first joins, whereupon he gets three spells for free at 13 (HQ p160 and 166). All spells are one-use and so charley the chaplain sidekick is desirable.

--Peter Metcalfe

---