Re: Presents from a shaman

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:28:09 +1100

At 12:37 PM 15/11/04, Jane wrote:
>hmm, that still doesn't give the effect I want of
>having this ability at a low level most of the time,
>but having it really high as a once off... will keep
>thinking!

  That's easy(ish). You have a charm, rated as a normal Common Magic charm, that also has another spirit of the same type bound into it with the same ability at a higher level.
  This can be released, using normal rules but using the Common Magic rating of the charm as the 'relationship' with the spirit, once, as per normal rules. The spirit can only be used one way - to add to the hero's ability, not his AP. The Common Magic charm remains afterwards, of course.   See? Easy. All it takes is a slightly compound item, not hard to do. :)

--
| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.