Re: Contest Mechanic Oddity

From: Michael W. Ryan <mryan_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:19:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Robin D. Laws wrote:

> Whenever you deal with a statistical oddity like this the
> question is how much simplicity you want to sacrifice in
> order to stamp it out. Conveniently, the people most bothered
> by the anomaly are the likeliest to be willing to accept additional
> complexity. They should probably adopt the house rule you
> proposed, or something like it.

Yeah, I thought about that, and I just now realized that doing it some other way makes bumping difficult to deal with (i.e. what if I bump my failure up to a success?). Ah well.

Robin, I just want to say that I'm just starting in on the magic chapters of the main book, and the game's great so far. Please don't take my questions as implying that I think the game is lacking.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan_at_...              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.