Re: New players and Combat defeat.

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:23:15 -0000

> That's not to say that it's not dramatic and realistic in some
cases to do
> just this - take the soldier in Falluja for instance who shot the
wounded
> folks. It's just that it makes this feel all the more
realistically shocking
> in play if in other cases the heroes consciences kick in.
>
> Mike

I have to say that I don't have much stomach for grim slaughter in roleplaying games. When my guy butchered the townsman he was actually targeting a female. I said the clansmen that had gone along would not countenance the secret murder of a woman, Lunar or not. I think if he had gone ahead I would have considered ending the game there. I had a similar moment when after interogating a Lunar spy in Whitewall they cut off the guys head and tossed his body from the walls. I hate this kind of play.

I ran the scenario the Black Ziggurat at a con this weekend. You have some townsfolk who have become vampiric. I had it figured that they could be converted back. There was a great moment of horrofic realisation when they realised that they didn't have to kill them, but they had killed a whole lot of them - all innocent villagers. That is a good gaming experience I think, making people think before they wade in with their flashing blade.

I am starting to ramble so I'll sign off!

Regards

Squeemish Rob