RE: What useful purpose do the concentrated magic rules serve?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:09:44 -0000

> >Does that mean its taken as a given, the whole community
> agrees and is
> >already ignoring those rules? Or does everyone lurve the
> concentrated
> >magic rules because they have some purpose that has escaped me and
> >assumes that I am posting a troll?

Personally I've only just come into situations where the concept of being anything *but* a concentrated theist is relevant, so don't feel I have anything useful to say.

> Something important to keep in mind: The magic rules in HQ
> are designed to represent how magic works in Glorantha.
> Concentrating magic and the different other worlds are
> aspects of Glorantha and I think dropping those rules would
> mean dropping a part of Glorantha.

Which is why I'm reluctant to change anything until I'm very sure it's broken.

But of course, that's Glorantha. The HQ rules can be used in any universe, and if the whole concept doesn't fit your chosen universe, dropping it may well make sense.