Re: New players to a campaign

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:06:37 -0800

> Is there anything in the rules to say this? And if so, shouldn't it be
> taken out and shot?

Nope, there isn't (but it should be if there were). "The rules" are silent on the issue, but *many* people go with basic Char Gen (ie. "First Level") for someone joining an on-going campaign (saga, whatever). I've seen it in many games in my 30 or so years of playing.

HQ is easier to fudge Char gen on than some other games, since you don't have to worry about the effects of "Leveling Up"; you can just say "You have Keywords at X, Non-keywords at Y, and Z Points to spend", where X, Y and Z get the new player within reach of the ability ratings of the rest of the heroes. Then let them loose with whatever method of Chargen they want, and away you go!

RR
- Richelieu