Re: Dangerous? Nah!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 09:12:28 -0700

> > Can't say my group have noticed. You've never seen such a bored healer
as
> > the one in our HW test game - no player has yet taken a wound from a
> > combat - most of the time they bounce away as fresh lambs without the
mince
> > sauce. Methinks I'm doing something wrong or perhaps this is a bit too
much
> > like some chop socky epic for me.

Do *all* the heroes always win the exchanges in extended contests (or do you use Group Extendeds?). If a hero is drops to 0AP or less in GE, he will be wounded at the appropriate level when the combat is over, the entire side does not "win" or "lose" normally (that would be a Group Simple).

> Also, you may have missed a small rule hidden away in the
> rulebook somewhere which states that a character losing more
> than 15 AP's in any one combat exhange is hurt anyway. Although
> 15 AP's seems a but steep to me.

This is one of the very few (only) rule listed as "optional".

The other thing to do is go for the trading AP for Wounds route - It may or may not make sense in the immediate contest, but it *will* last longer than mere AP loss.

RR