Re: Sartar Rising books

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:43:37 +0000

>I have on several occasions looked at using
>the SR books but always put it aside because it gave me the feeling
>that the players were not an integral part of the story, and that the
>story was totally overpowering the players, no matter what they did.
>
>The Gathering Thunder book was the worst of all, with whole areas
>where the players seem to be told to sit and watch as events happen.
>
>I dont like this, it seems too distant and removed. Is it just me or
>do others have problems with the style of the scenarios ?

A large part of the problem is that there is an established "script" that has to be followed.

There was some discussion of this at Continuum. As I remember it the problem was accepted as existing in Gathering Thunder and it was stated that the intent was to try to handle it better.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.