Re: Digest Number 1760

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:07:52 +0000 (GMT)

> But, no, it can be as simple as "Two
>eortling clans, fighting over land." If you know
>eortlings, and can come up with some plausible
>ituation where they would fight over land, boom,
>here's yourconflict... Now, you add a couple of neat
>PCs,... and you play them like you would if you were
>layer and these were your characters.

This is pretty much how our Red Cow campaign is working. I have

Following some notes from Chris on the Forge I forced everyone to have a relationship in their 100 words with 3 of NPCs from these sources.

Each week I just write some notes on what I think are cool events that throw into light these relationships or that conflict. The outcomes are open-ended not pre-defined.

So far it is working well.

Having agonized over what to do with the background material, it is likely that I will put o a web site publish (in PDF probably) so everyone can share the setup for free. That may help some folks out who need a leg up starting this kind of game.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos