RE: Re: Sartar Rising books

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:34:16 -0600

>From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...>

>Well its all there to be used. You can use it as its written, but
>I am sure the authors really want people to run with what is in the
>books and turn them into great stories for their players.

You're getting at the real debate here, which is not whether or not people use the books in the way you describe or not, but whether or not the books support that method of play well. That is, no doubt a talented narrator can, with some amount of effort, make it work. The question is whether or not the books are presented in such a way that it takes way more effort than neccessary to get it to work right.

Which, again, I'm not going to get into here. Again, I think there might be better venues for that particular discussion. Further as people have pointed out, Issiaries is well aware that some people find potential shortcomings with these books in this way. So it's kinda moot, no?

Mike