Re: Saga system

From: Darren Hill <rpglists_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:34:34 -0000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:21:31 -0600, Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...> wrote:
>> The problem for me is the variation between ability this produces.
>
> Ability level discrepancies simply aren't a problem in HQ. You have them
> start, actually. One character is 3W2 with augments for fighting, and
> another is a 6. Happens in every game. And doesn't matter.

I agree. This isn't a question about discrepancies between players. It's about being able to judge just what is going to be a challenge in the first place. It's not about power balance, but how to judge what sort of power something should be.
In HQ, it seems, you can't look at someone's stats and make any kind of judgement of what kind of challenge this will present, or it gets much shakier to do so as the power level increases.

> Another reason this works is because "failure is always an option."

I knew you were going to say that :)

Darren