Re: Numbers, Sagas and NPCs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:08:41 +0000 (GMT)

Just another reason why I don't generally like films. Suspension of disbelief can only take so much. Why that particular format has to assume the audience are morons has always been beyond me. If books can "cut-scene" to a realistic time-frame, not a stupid one, what's so hard about getting it right on-screen?

> So the bottom line is that advancement ought to take
> place at the
> rate the narrator and the players want and which is
> appropriate to the kind of campaign they seek.

But guessing what might be appropriate is the question!

I don't want to reach 1613 and suddenly realise I should have been giving twice as many HP for the last real-life year and we need a quick catch-up. Nor do I want to *accidentally* have them at W5 before their 20th birthday.

Flexibility is great, but it's no good depending on experience and "feel" that we can't possibly have until it's already too late.

Jane Williams