RE: Re: Saga system

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:55:31 -0000

> > Sounds like one to watch, then. But an awful lot get this, as much
> else,
> > wrong. Hence, presumably, the number of people saying the
> equivalent of
> > "they get away with this on film, so we can in games."
>
> We're just going round and round about sim vs nar here. I
> think it's likely that Jane simply prefers a sim play as
> regards HP and the like,

I *think* I prefer nar. play, but my standards of narrative get violated by obvious silliness and unrealism. Plausibility, as you say later. I like it. I'm happy to accept "well it must have been magic then" for Xena-like acrobatics, but not that such things can happen without magic when I know perfectly well that they can't.

> and that our suggestions about nar
> play are misplaced here. I for one apollogize for the clutter
> I've thrown into her queries.

No, don't apologize, it's all been interesting even when I'm unlikely to use it. Being introduced things that I might like if I tried them works as much for gaming as it does for pizza :)