Re: Praxians

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:15:17 +0100

On Mon, 29 May 2000 15:03:53 +0100, "James Turner" <j.a.turner_at_...> wrote:

>I'm not sure putting up incomplete Praxian keywords was such a good idea.
>Let's face it these are mainly going to be of interest to old RQ'ers.
>From a converting RQ to HW perspective:-

It's also bloody useful to those working on the new PraxPack...

>Storm Bull (listed as a spirit cult but described as a shaman tradition).
>You now need a bunch of SB shamans to provide all the SB magic. I find it
>hard to picture a SB shaman, certainly nothing like the standard shaman
>stereotype. HW shamans aren't combat limited like RQ shamans so I guess all
>those RQ Rune Lords could just be HW SB shamans.
>"Storm bull worshippers often have the Spirit Combat ability." Which is
>useless.

Not at all. Many Animist cultures improve their ability with magic by having the tribe refill their own fetishes, after the Shaman has summoned the spirits. A mass fetish-filling session.

>The RQ type scenarios that are long chaos hunts (such as dyskeans(?) cavern)
>are very tough on SB's now because their fetishes are one use (but then
>again many SB PC's will now be Uroxi PC's).

Lots of Integrated, constantly available spirits.

>What happens at the block must be a real mess now. Someone please come up
>with a explaination of what happens when a bunch of Uroxi meet a bunch of
>Storm Bulls.

Somebody shouts 'Lets go to the marsh and kick some!!' and off they all go...

Wulf