Re: Another problem

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 23:33:36 +0200

Nikk Effingham 00-05-29 17.30

>One of the problems that I had with Hero Wars before it came out
>seems to have remained. It's to do with fighting multiple opponents.

Statistically speaking, for the heroes to wade through hordes of no-mastery henchmen with impunity, they have to be at or close to the 2-mastery level. Otherwise, there's always the chance of the underdogs striking back. Beginning heroes, at the 5w level, certainly shouldn't be feeling too cocky.

That said, if the heroes _are_ this much more powerful than the opposition, there are several ways you can handle it.

First off, are the trollkin in your example attacking well before the trolls themselves wade in? In that case, we're talking two different contests, and AP gained in the first don't carry over to the second. In fact, I would personally rule that an attack by "nuisance creatures" isn't even worthy of an extended contest. Roll it as a group simple contest.

Or are the trolls and trollkin involved in the same combat? Then the trollkin don't need to roll anything at all, they can just be followers giving AP to their masters. Alternately, they can be separate contestants if the trolls want to use them as a smoke screen, just tying some of the heroes up briefly. In this case, a hero of the magnitude we're discussing here should be allowed to sweep a few pesky enlo out of the way with a simple contest taken as an unrelated action.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Game Masters are not gods.
They just tell them what to do.