Re: Greg's definitions of Common Magic

From: Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:43:04 +1100

Greg posted:

>Folks,
>
>Peter Metcalfe asked
>
>>That's all very well but what distinguishes a feat from
>>a spell? I know what charms and talents are but with
>>feats and spells, one enters a thick haze where in
>>effect they seem to be the same thing.
>
>A charm is something you have.
>A Feat is something you are.
>A spell is someting you do.
>A talent is something that is part of you.
>
>=====
>Sincerely,
>Greg Stafford

This makes good sense, except I don't get the difference between

"something you are" and "something that is part of you"

to me that is pretty much the same thing, but maybe I'm just being slow today. Anyone want to explain for me?

cheers

Martin

Dr. Martin Dick
Lecturer
School of Business Information Technology RMIT Business
RMIT University