Re: Keith's Postumous Augments (was: Variable Augments)

From: Keith Nellist <Labrygon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:00:50 -0000

> Please describe your process in more detail.

The idea is that you can Augment with as many abilities as you have BUT that *only the best result* applies to the contest at hand and all the bad result of failed augments might have other bad consequences. So you have a non-cumulative positive and assorted and interesting failed augments. ("damn, I don't love her enough to do this for her, perhaps I don't love her?")

IF you need +10 to your target number then you will probably try your best approapriate ability first - if that fails then you have less chance with your next best less appropriate ability and you migth get some unfortunate side effect. It soon makes sense to stop because it becomes impossible to change the result.

Try a few simple contests and see what difference you need to make to your target number to change the result.

The opponent gets to do the same thing, escalating the conflict a bit.

This seems long winded when written down but I think the process of rolling the contest then seeing how good you might need to be at something to make a difference is interesting and dramatic. If the contest is clear cut without augments making much difference then the contest was clear cut - I don't need no stinkin' Strong to punch you to the next tula!.

Keith