RE: Re: Substituting abilities

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:10:09 -0000

> FREX, the stead is attacked, and
> the mother grabs her spear and joins the battle. She see an
> enemy clansmen standing over her children, sword raised. I
> would rule that strictly under those circumstances the Love
> Family would be a valid primary ability, but not before her
> family was so explicitly threatened.

I'd tend to at least give her "love family" a positive modifier under those circumstances. I'd still use it as an augment to the lead ability, I think, but she should get more of a bonus for "my kids are about to be killed" than for "if I bargain to get this wool cheaper, my kids will have better clothes".