Re: Thanks all

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:31:27 -0000

If they don't like that, allow only one (or a couple) augments. Or use Keith Nellist's tactic of only allowing augments when they might change the outcome and then either rolling for them and/or requiring an explanation (dramatically good this)

> clear. Though when we tried HQ, that type of tactical exchange
pulled
> us back towards multiple simple contests as a substitute for
> attack/damage/defense rolls.

This happens and is worth avoiding. Be brutal (you plus the players) about the contest (a) relating only to the stated goals - driving off the attackers and (b) being the end of the matter.

> Obvioiusly what I most need (re: HQ at least) is to play in a few
> games with those for whom the system is working well. Any con games
> coming up in NJ or NYC?

If you are in the States you will coincide with the time zones of IRC games. You could hook yourself into Mike's Yahoo Group which is a meeting place for such games.

Good luck,
Sam.