Any combat rules variants?

From: abohlig_at_...
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 05:59:49 -0000

Search of the archives came up blank.

One I'm considering (being a bloody minded sort myself) is inflicting hurts when a threshold AP are lost in a given exchange (10 or a % perhaps). I find persistent wounds to be an interesting plot device, forcing the other characters to help out the poor sod.

Another I'm considering is dropping the reverse transfer on failures or fumbles by half or so. Especially in extended group contests I've had individual minor villans turn into accidental sources of AP for the characters rather than the other baddies. Of course you can run them as one, but in some cases that doesn't make sense.

Finally, I have no ideas on this, but how have people been handling missle fire? I've run it as one or more simple exchanges detracting from the initial AP numbers on the first subsequent melee/exchange (which then reverted to the appropriate skills).

cheers,
Aron