Re: RQ->HQ conversion

From: yinkinuk <simonbrayuk_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:24:29 -0000

> PS: The problem with any direct conversion approach is
> that you end up with excitingly named abilities like
> "strong," "fit" and "scan" and have a real dearth of
> interesting things like relationships.

 My answer to this is use a thesaurus to find more interesting words that suit the character. For relationships it depends on the character being converted, if it is a Balastor Barrack's character then you will have a lot more difficulty than a Griffin Mountain one.

 Strong(High) - Brawny, Burly, Well Muscled, Broad-Shouldered, Physically Powerful, Suprisingly Strong, Grossly Muscled, Body Builder...

 Strong(Low) - Weak, Puny, wizened, Frail, weedy.

 Constitution(High) - Tough, Stout-Hearted, Hardy, Sturdy, Resist Poisons and Disease, Resistant, Resilient.

 Constitution (Low) Sickly, emaciated, Prone to illness, ill, deathly.

 Size(High) Large, Big, Tall, Obese, Strapping, Lofty, Heroic Proportions, Gigantic, Immense.

 Size(Low) Small, Tiny, Short, Skinny

 Intelligence(High) Smart, wise, well-read, educated, clever.

 and so on and so forth!!!