RQ to HW Prax

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:44:17 +0100

I get the digest so I may be a bit behind on current posts.

David then Jeff:
>> And if I can repeat something I've said before: it's a mistake to try
>> to convert from RuneQuest because you won't get the same results you
>> had originally.
>
>I am agreeing with this. Its a different game set in the same world.

Yes, but I have a whole bunch of RQ (and PDP) stuff set in Prax. I'm not dumping it all!

If a RQ scenario has a bunch of nomads in it I obviously need to convert them over to HW.
Issues like the change from theist magic to animism and the SB/ Urox thing WILL make a difference in how the game is played. Both in game mechanics and GM/Narrator descriptions of Praxian life.

---
James Turner
Systems Support Officer
University of Aberdeen