Re: Hero Bands

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:19:58 -0000

> I get the impression that Hero Wars is much more than just members
of a clan
> defending their cows. I think it's much more anarchic than KoDP, for
> example. I think it's roving Hero Bands whose members have
individual
> motives from disparate cultures but who are somehow brought
together for
> some time in order to perform great deeds.

There were a couple of Hero Bands in KoDP, Derik's for instance. He took his merry band and went hunting Praxians, as I remember. In HW, the Hero Band is not a traditional 'adventurer' group (those get the same reception they got in KoDP...), it's a group out after a higher purpose, even if the purpose is just following the Hero. Hero Bands are training for the Hero Wars, not just looking for some action (not, I admit, that the difference is often visible), and should follow the paths of their Gods.

Wulf