Re: Sanity

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:13:11 +0100

In message <204C9B5A322ED31183DF00104B6ACEFC05C586_at_ADIUS-NT1>, Steve Lieb <steve_at_...> writes
>Anyone considered using a Sanity-type skill in HW?
>
>I've always really liked that mechanic, and always thought it forced players
>to make their characters act realistically in the face of incomprehensible
>horrors, which aren't too uncommon in Glorantha come to think of it.

Well, stark realism isn't what HW is about but....

I'd say that any sort of psychically crippling defeat could impose not only physical but mental wounds. I'd say that the game allows perfectly well for GMs imposing appropriate flaws (Claustrophobia: 15, Gibbering Madness 10w) as the story requires.

--
Michael Cule