Re: Re: Enhancement/augmentation

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:47:55 +0200

Tim Ellis 00-05-31 14.34

>What I am still not completely clear on is using an enhancement just
>to boost your AP's. I think this is what is meant for those
>characters (Like Cutrid the Black) who "Enhance with strength without
>taking an action" - Do you treat this as an "Automatic" bonus - no
>roll required, or do you treat it as the appropriate ability/affinity
>"Lending" AP's to the main ability being used (with the attendant
>possibility of reducing the ap's rather than boosting them)

I sort of like this, but I have to point out there's no basis for it in the rules. Lending AP is only done between entities - from one hero to another or from a bound spirit to its master - not between abilities. If you allow it anyway, every contest will take twice as long to play out.

As for Cutrid, I assume he still has to roll for the augmentation, it just doesn't take any time. Why he would have this special power I don't know. Maybe it worked that way in an earlier version of the rules?

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg