Re: Any combat rules variants?

From: abohlig_at_...
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:54:40 -0000

Several good points there. I think we have a difference in playing style. Regarding the hurts: I always liked the fact that in RQ, even a vastly overmatched opponent had a chance to land a telling blow. I remember many occasions where cocky heroes were brought low by trollkin bands, rubble runners or the like, and it became and interesting plot twist, raising the level of drama and forcing the heroes to determine a different approach.

In general I prefer the AP based mechanics for non-combat "exchanges", but I still miss the utter randomness of the other combat system.