Re: Re: Hero Bands

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:53:11 +0100

On Wed, 31 May 2000 10:29:41 -0700, "Timothy Byrd" <timbyrd_at_...> wrote:

>As a couple others have noted, I can't really imagine any of the
>groups I've played with being satisfied with most players being
>followers to one player's leader.

Having a leader doesn't imply blind obedience. There is usually a natural leader amongst players, or at least someone's character is better suited to any given situation. A good leader character will give the job to the best suited member of the band. You don't just contribute AP! Hell, I have no intention of having my HW-style Followers just being treated like that!

>Regarding "training for the Hero Wars" - does everyone know they're
>coming and when? Are there billboards everywhere - "Only 330 more
>adventuring days until the Hero Wars"? Or is it just common knowledge
>that "the old world is dying", but people don't really know when the
>end will come, ala Rangranock? Or is it only the Heroes who see it
>coming? (Or learn of it during their adventures, like in "Three
>Hearts and Three Lions"?)

Ooh, the memories... thank you for that!

Wulf