RE: Adepts & multiple spell use

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:07:57 -0000

RR:
> Sorcerers make connections between a physical object and an
> Otherworld Node.
> A talisman is such a connection, as is a Grimoire. ...
> When you cast a spell, you make a
> 3-way connection between your talisman, the target of the spell (your
> buddy's "Sword and Shield Fighting", frex) and the Otherworld
> node. This
> connection is like a phone line - if you try to use it twice
> at the same time, there will be interference.

OK, gotcha. Makes sense. So my example of the Mrs Beeton Grimoire was the wrong visualisation of what was happening. I'm not just standing there reading a Big Book, I'm using it to ask Mrs Beeton what to do next. And she can only cope with one conversation at a time.

So, sorcery can do spells that last a very long time, right? Does that mean the Grimoire is "engaged" until the spell is over?