Re: Devotee access to feats

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:31:19 -0800

> - Devotees can learn any feats or affinities from
> subcults of the same aspect as the one they worship

According to the rules, it's *any* subcult, but we also don't go into Aspected gods in the book, either (remember that Thunder Rebels & Storm Tribe are HeroWars, not HeroQuest-era books). This is a good way to go.

> - If the feats are based on an affinity they already
> have, they can use their score in that affinity.
> Otherwise they're ordinary abilities starting at 13

Yes.

> - If they can't find someone to teach them (i.e.
> guide them through the Heroquest of the myth in which
> their God did the thing the feat's based on) they can
> make a direct appeal to their God to reveal the secret
> of the feat

Yes. This really is "finding someone to teach them", just on a divine scale.

> - Initiates can sign up for other subcults affinities
> as well, but they're less likely to be able to
> convince someone to teach them or talk to their
> deities to get it first hand. They can also gain
> feats, but these are always individual abilities and
> never based on their affinities

Yes.

> - If you want to initiate to the Great God himself,
> you're a nutter

Absolutely correct.

RR
- Richelieu