Re: Secrets

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 07:57:14 -0800

David Dunham asked:

> So I was wondering: does anyone have a game where a character has
> actually learned a Secret?

The intent was that they would nearly impossible to attain. Normal means of "growth" were not supposed to allow one to attain a Secret.

HeroQuesting to specifically raise a skill was the intended method of increasing
them to the level where a Secret might be gained. However, in my Glorantha such
a gamble was intended to have AT BEST a 50% chance of success each quest. Thus it is not really easier, and the result would be a lot of crippled people who had attempted to gain this.

But heck, it's called a SECRET for a reason!

YGWV

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.