Re: Practice Heroquests

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 17:38:01 -0800 (PST)

Rob Davis wrote:
> Yes. For a classic example of someone on a Heroquest look at the
> Biturian Varosh entry against Zorak Zoran, where Rurik the Runelord
> comes to the travelling traders rescue.

But the classic Practice HeroQuest is in the Yelmalio section, were BV is captured and used as a logical Orlanth when a Yelmalian wishes to reenact the "Three Blows of Anger" quest. He is used as Orlanth because he is a Lightbringer (close enough for government work, I guess), and has no particular preparation. The combat is definitely mundane, as well, despite his allied spirit (daimon sidekick, in HQ parlance) having to burn most of itself (in a Divine Intervention, in HQ that would be taking a Major Wound against its Worship Issaries, I suppose) for BV to survive.

> On a more recent level, King Broyan performs the summons of evil in
> Orlanth is Dead, which sucks in a whole Lunar (small) army. This is
> a mundane world quest I believe.

Summons of Evil is the standard rite to start Orlanthi heroquests, by cleaning the local area of potential opposition (assuming that you can deal with the Evil, of course). This is done first, whether doing a small service or a full Lightbringer's Quest. It is not a separate Quest.

Do You Yahoo!?