Re: Re: Enhancement/augmentation; the Hero Wars; etc.

From: Jimmie Pursell <pursell_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:16:32 z (MST)

> Wow, you are generous. In actual life, 1w only beats 5 about 89% of
> the time in a simple contest. 1w2 beats 10 about 98% of the time, so
> that's not so bad.

Is it really that high? By my quick calculations, 1w beats 5 less than 80% of the time.

> abohlig wrote:
>
> >We originally thought the low roll wins was a misprint
>
> I'm sure the idea was to have a consistent rule to explain to people:
> you want to roll low. Unlike Pendragon, where you have to tell
> beginners: "You want to roll high numbers, but not a 20, that's bad."

Of course, this supposedly simple change, skews the results wildly. It goes far beyond a simple decision that high or low is good or bad. Yes, I'm obsessing, but it really bugs me that the rule is the way it is.

This email was sent using Inficad(r)
Communications' Free wEb-Mail service!
http://www.inficad.com/mail