Re: Re: Enhancement/augmentation

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 00:30:35 +0200

Wulf Corbett 00-05-31 20.07

>I give an automatic 1-level (+1 bonus or +2 edge) per
>full 10 points of ability or affinity. Starts off very generous (gives

Or in other words, same effect as passion spirits. I thought of that, but I'm not sure. You might be right that rolling a lot of dice slows down the pace of the game, but there are ways of speeding it up - make sure everybody knows the rules and what they want to do, let players roll for resistance themselves (roll two different-colored d20s, one for yourself, one for the resistance)... Besides, there'll probably only be a couple of big fights per session, no harm in building up anticipation for them by playing out the preparations. Minor fights are often sprung on the heroes with little or no warning, so there's no time for boosting...

Anyway, I think I like the random element in rolling for magical effects, it's just the weighting of the odds I'm uncomfortable with. I think we'll try some variants and see how they work out over time.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg