Re: Age Old Question on Feats and Affinity Augments

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:38:38 -0000

>This discussion is making me see devotees as
> *not necessarily* the next step for every initiate, but instead
> perhaps a different flavour of religious dedication. This leaves
> Disciple as pretty much the Rune-level equivalent - and it's
> probably about as difficult to become a Disciple in HQ as it was a
> Rune-level in RQ.

Rune Priest does not really translate directly, in HQ any devotee who had the social role of a priest or godi would be the equivalent. Some things that a priest might be expected to do are difficult if the priest is not a devotee - such as divination.

Becoming a disciple in HQ looks at least as hard as becoming a Rune Lord was in RQ.

> The remaining question for characters will then of course be, when
> do I switch from being an initiate to being a devotee, since I need
> knowledge of the cult secret to become a disciple?

If a character wants to become this close to their god then they quite possibly would choose to devote themselves quite early in their career. For many characters (perhaps most) becoming a disciple would not be an aim in the first place.

--
Nic