Re: Leadership Magic

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:54:54 +0100 (BST)

RR:
> > Dar's leadership magic
> > gives you access to the wyter (invoke wyter),
> radio-like communication
> > (Summon clan, Rally clan), even ways to tell if
> your people are "good folk"
> > (sense dishonor).
> >
> > It's *possible* to rule without these, but the
> smart money bets on the Dar worshipper.

Benedict:
> As only Dar *devotees* will be able to use those
> Feats, of course it
> must be possible to rule without access to them.

Huh? What's to stop an initiate "improvising" the standard feats at the standard -5?

I seem to remember a discussion about leaders with limited Dar magic a while back, concerned with those leaders who follow Dar other than through the Orlanth All-father route - like, say, Vingans. The problem they've got is that while they can get the "Lead Clan/Tribe" affinity and the feats that go with it, three important feats (make clan ring, rally clan, summon clan) are added on to the "Allfather" affinity, which they don't have to start with.

Yes, there are initiates of Vinga Dar around the place, yes some of them at least seem to be effective leaders. The answer some of us came up with for at least one of them was that she delegates that bit: she has someone else (the previous king, in fact) acting as her ritualist for that sort of thing, and doing the magic for her. But better answers would be very welcome, and might inspire answers to the problem of completely non-Dar leaders, too.

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html