Re: Digest Number 2097

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:59:32 +0100 (BST)

> The myth of Dar becoming
> Chief without that also being an initiation to Dar?
> I don't see how that
> would be possible. <<
> > Well HQ ceremonies have modfiers for people
> performing the appropriate
> role and the modifiers set out how membership of the
> wrong cult, devotee vs,
> initiate effect things (sorry don't have page
> reference to hand).
>
> HQ 102.

And having looked it up in my nice new PDF - that's only -10 for being in the right religion but the wrong cult. So for ritual stuff, as long as your chief is competent at *some* cult in the religion, and has the backing of his ring and the clan as a whole, you're probably OK. Yes, a real Dar chieftain will do better, he'll be able to do the instant use of feats such as "sense dishonour", for one thing. But it's by no means impossible.

> Dar worshippers ...get some nifty skills like
> Dominate Meeting and Sense
> Mood of Crowd that help wheh the peasants get

Though of course, those being mundane skills, anyone can learn them.

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html