RE: New players, NPC->PC, list method

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:31:59 -0500

>From: "philippe_sigaud" <sigaud_at_...>
>
>What do you think? Do you see any trap or difficulty in this? Did
>someone go the same road? I never tried the list method, so I'm in new
>territory there.

This sounds like the HW method, really. So it should work fine.

That said, what I'd do in a case like this is just consider them new characters at the higher level of ability. Meaning that I'd give them appropriate levels for their keywords and some big pile of points to spend on raising up abilities. Recently I had a round of creating "Veteran" characters, and I ended up giving them 100 points to spend on abilities (no more than 20 on one). I think I may have been too conservative.

Mike