Re: Re: powerful augments

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:57:34 +0100 (BST)

And so you never encountered the problems that both of us obviously have.

> A Heortling clan champion can be
> in a range 10W to 10W2.

In the new rules: not in the old ones. There, she was about 10W, and your basic starting PC was 5W.

> I never got that farbut I imagine I would invoke
> somesort of capping
> mechanism at the top end. Something like 20W3 is the
> highest a human
> can get. I mean, how tough do you need to be?

I believe there's a suggestion somewhere that once base ability gets beyond about 10W3, it isn't really mundane any more, it looks and feels like magic. I try to narrate it that way: if you've got a relationship to someone that's that sort of level, you can sense when they're in danger. That sort of thing.