RE: Re: powerful augments

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:22:29 -0500

>From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...>
>
>My point is that, I would suggest, is the game you describe is not
>the stated aim of Heroquest.

Baloney. Where do you get that? Again, you're conflating the two uses of "Hero." Perhaps this was true in Hero Wars...perhaps. But it's certainly not true in HQ. What's more, I think that HQ is the better for it.

Not just that I agree with Trotsky about wanting to start inexperienced characters, but what's really cool is how you can get the Aragorn/Frodo effect in HQ. That is having two characters with widely disparate ability levels, and both of them are heroes! You can do this with the HQ scale and mechanics.

Yeah, I totally agree that assuming that everyone wants to start at low level is BS, too. But HQ allows us to play at whatever level of ability, and that's very cool.

Mike