Re: Re: Followers

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:54:51 +0100 (BST)

> > Mind you, I like the idea that a followers level
> > should reflect that of the person they're
> following to
> > some extent. It does make a certain amount of
> sense.
>

> You could base it off their fifth-best ability, or
> something. That should reduce the problem.

What I've tended to do is ignore the rules on what level a follower should be when they're acquired in play, just look at what NPCs are around, and require some sort of contest for getting them as a follower. Sometimes it may be a "no self-respecting hero..." one, sometimes it's a side-effect of another contest (a big extended designed to swing public opinion on a subject, when it ends in a devastating Complete Victory, more or less gives you the pick of the crop when it comes to followers).