Re: Magic in the East : Mysticism, Dream Magic, Dragon Magic

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:01:21 +0200

Santo:

> Namaste.
> I haven't done much with Mysticism, yet, but I have been running quite a bit
> of Dream Magic in my Verenela game. I have been treating it mostly as it's
> own Otherworld, with its own rules. I see it being a Mixed Otherworld - in
> a lot of ways it would be very similar to the Mortal World.
>
> I guess I've been running "Dream" like a magical prefix - their are Dream
> Affinities, Spirits, Spells and Talents.
>
> For example:
> In Teshnos, there are dreamers who sacrifice to her as Theleya, Daughter of
> Somash, and gain Dream Affinities. In Melib there are nightmare hunters
> that practice a form of Animism. And as villians, there are the Sorcerors
> of the Black Mirror, who serve the Antigod Adlanari.

Oh, I planned to put Adlanari, Thella and Ezel Balurenesh IMG! I like the idea of nightmare hunters, I'll steal it. That would a be great NPC, some dessicated strange man with wild eyes, maybe consummating drugs no to sleep.

The idea of giving many flavors to dream magic is interesting. Why not? In that case, would you for example give a -20 for a theist to fight a dream spirit, but a gentler malus (or none at all) for a shaman, with his Soul Face ability?

Could you give us some example of NPC, if you statted them? Thanks!

  Philippe