Re: Scale Issues

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:45:02 +0200

Ashley:

[Separate HP between Bump-HP and Growth-HP]
> I felt the urge when I first started playing HW, but
> curbed it to see what happened if I kept a unified
> pool. I found that it added a new dimension to
> contests and character growth - the trade off between
> instant gratification and long term character
> development.

We did it because in another game we played, the similar rule was quite unerving. I was a plyer and I got the impression that each point (I think they were Destiny Points) I got was for growth. But the rules were so harsh that I had to store a bit of them and _spend_ them to survive or achive something from time to time.
My overall feeling was "they are stealing my XP!!"

> "Do you advise us to go back to the HQ rules?"
>
> I would - the tension between the two is pretty handy
> for keeping the players focussed on where they want
> their characters to be. It means that you can play a
> fairly farty initiate and still do the odd really over
> the top thing, representing those days the universe is
> right behind you.

Now I see it that way too. Do you whant a +20 right now, for this action. Or a +1 for one ability forever ?
But I'm not sure my players agree with that.

  Philippe