Re: Re: Followers

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:02:31 -0500

>From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
>
>The chief problem with that Hero Wars rule was that it encouraged using all
>your hero points to up a single skill on your character.

Yep, now that I look at it, it's got badness written all over it.

>But the HQ approach ("pay for them, pay for the relationship, roll for
>the obeisance and pay again for making them better") is a bit harsh.
>Who's going to pay for a skill they could develop by themselves?

Obediance? Note that in most cases you aren't supposed to have to roll. It's just a control for when the narrator thinks it would make a good conflict, that he can do so if he thinks there's some conflict there to mine. So it's really like having the ability yourself for the most part. And you get a whole keyword for one HP, so....

BTW, mentioning drift, when I give points to bump up keywords, I allow players to bump up their follower's keywords as well. FWIW.

Mike