Re: Preparing a campaign for hardened gamers with a minimax mentality

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:10:21 -0000

> This is my first post to the forum, so I hope I can beg your
> indulgence with a HQ newbie.

That's the main purpose of the group, as I understand it.

> Question one - I'm
> wondering what minimax practices to watch out for in character
> creation and progression and how to put solid boundaries in place
> early, rather than having to back track on anything after we've
> kicked off.

Spirit magic and fetishes. Take a look at what happens when you release a fetish. Now think very hard about what size fetish to grant them, and how many fetishes per PC. Fetishes don't "grow" according to standard rules, but releasing one gives you a BIG augment.

And as I'm sure you've gathered, think before you start about augment limits. Do you want your players using 30 augments on every roll?