RE: Digest Number 2152

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:48:08 -0000

Sarah
>>Thanks to everyone for all your input on this issue - there's a lot
>>of food for thought there, which will take me a bit of time to
>>digest!

[snippage]

>>I'd be interested to hear people's comments - is there anyone else
>>out there who runs "dungeon bash" style games (I couldn't think of a
>>more acceptable shorthand...) with the HQ rules?

To be honest I haven't done a huge amount of actual play with the HQ rules - and none of it straight Glorantha. I've done a few sessions of my highly intermittent Pendragon game using the HQ engine in conjunction with existing PD character sheets that was not entirely successful but certainly quite interesting, and a couple of spontaneous pickup games (one drawing on tropes and colour of mythic Japan from a long defunct Bushido game, the other a Conan-esque romp through the Tower of the Elephant) that worked much better I thought.

My next experiment is likely to be a classic dungeon bash however. I'm planning on taking a D&D module I was given for my birthday (The Heart of Nightfang Spire) and running it once as straight-up D&D - a full bore festival of minis, battleboards and resource management - and then again (with the same players ideally) using the HQ engine. I'll post a write-up of the sessions once I've done them, but I'm not sure when I'll have the free time (or the relationship brownie points with my g/friend) to run the games - so you'll have to wait for the gory details, I'm afraid.

Regards
Luke