RE: Re: Getting injured (etc) multiple times - cumulative wounds

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:09:44 -0000

 Rob wrote

Why is it that I GM'd every week for 2 and a half years and never once remotely even stumbled on this issue?

I think the problem revolves around people playing the system as if it was turn based like most rpgs. You know, you hit me, I hit you, you hit me, I hit you....until someone keels over. You are of course free to do this, but it is this mode of play that is the root of your consternation I would diagnose.

CJ replies

Nope, I hit it quite quickly, I think it depends on story factors. A series of events led to damage to a relationship. They happened in various stories, separated by session, not in one nights play. The multiple wounds again were a problem when my Humakti party spent some time in an expedition across Pent: they simply did not have access to decent healing magics, and hence it came up very swiftly.

Mike and I have both developed variant readings, based upon the rules. Our experience though can hardly be uncommon - and I must say, I have never attempted to play turn based combats in HQ. It goes against the whole spirit of things. If you are playing HW, with the grievous wound rule which I like but have never used (I run HQ), it would be even more of an issue...

Cj x