Re: Getting injured (etc) multiple times - cumulative wounds

From: Lev Lafayette <lev_lafayette_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:27:28 -0000

*delurks*

> The HQ rulebook (pp. 74-5) says heroes have six states of health
> (healthy, hurt, impaired, injured, dying, and dead). If a hero is
> in a particular state of health, they are affected by the
> appropriate penalty. The rules make an explicit exception for
> 'hurt' by saying that a hero can have multiple -1 penalties for
> multiple hurts.

True, it is an explicit exception but it doesn't indicate that it is an exclusive exception one way or another.

> My reading of the rules is that, except for hurts, injury penalties
> don't stack. If you're at the Injured state of health, you get -50%
> to all abilities. That's it. If you suffer two or more major
> defeats, you still count as Injured and you have the penalty that
> goes with that state of health (i.e. a flat 50%).

This is possibly where we disagree. It states "On *a* major defeat, the character is injured" etc (p75). Grammatically that would suggest to me that they could be injured multiple times and suffer the effects multiple times. i.e, suffer -50% to two or more abilities or -100% (the equivalent of a "dying" state).

Likewise 5 minor injuries would be the equivalent of a major injury.

All the best,

Lev